Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What A Weekend!

I know it's Tuesday, but I am just now recovering from our crazy busy weekend. I don't know how in the world we manage to have weekends in a row with no plans at all and then a weekend when we need to almost clone ourselves to do everything that needs to be done. Oh, well...

Saturday morning we headed over to Vicksburg for our dear friends Lauchlin and Olivia's baby shower. We can't wait to meet Baby Grady next month!

After the shower we stopped by Katie and Neil's to visit with Sweet Baby Frances on the day of her first birthday party. I can't believe tomorrow she will be ONE! Where has the time gone? She was not in the best of moods on Saturday, but she managed to smile for a little while during our visit. Happy Birthday, sweet girl!


Unfortunately we had to miss the actual birthday party because we had to head back to Jackson to get ready for Claire and Jeremy's wedding shower that night. We made some tomato sandwiches and Apache dip and then hit the road to Brandon for the shower.


We had fun, and Claire and Jeremy had fun, so I'd say it was a success!

Sunday morning we woke up bright and early to get Derek packed up and off to the airport for a quick business trip to Chicago while I hit the road again, this time to Hattiesburg for Father's Day. I ate lunch with my parents and grandparents at Bianchi's Pizzeria downtown and had a fabulous visit. Happy Father's Day!

I can tell you that weekends like that don't happen for us too often, which is a good thing. And so far the only thing on this weekend's agenda is a big fat MASSAGE for me. So all in all, it was a super busy but F-U-N weekend, and every now and then it's not bad to need a weekend to recover from your weekend. :)

No comments: