Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Water Hobo

With Eagle Lake still out of commission for a few more weeks, I have been a total water hobo bouncing from pool to pool this summer.

I have never had anxiety about not being in or near the water EVER until this summer, but it has really been tough. It's a total itch that needs to be scratched, hence my desperation the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend when I just couldn't make it work.

I have enjoyed some nice quality time with friends in their beloved pools just about every weekend in June. I've been to Flowood, Birmingham, Ridgeland... I'm on a tour of pools, technically.

And I think Derek and I agree that a pool is pretty high on the wish list for the next house several years down the road. I know some people argue that it's too much maintenance and can be too dangerous for small kids, but I think the pros would definitely outweigh the cons for us. But that's beside the point...

Fingers crossed our dear lake will reopen for recreational use in time for my favorite weekend of the year, July 4th. If not, we'll be in desperate need for an impromptu trip to some other lake. You can't exactly have a boat parade in a pool or shoot fireworks from a pier in the middle of a pool. And THAT, to me, is what July 4th is all about. (Besides being proud to be an American, of course.)

In the meantime, I'll just continue my tour of pools. You gotta beat the dog days of summer somehow. And of course spending an afternoon with friends never hurts either. :)

1 comment:

Farmer Favorites said...

In the meantime.. I would suggest a garden tub! ha!