We had our regular monthly check-up yesterday, and everything was perfect. We heard a healthy heartbeat in the 150s and I'm happy to share that I haven't gained a single pound (or even ounce) yet. I'm actually not quite sure how that happened, but I'll gladly take it.
I wanted to do a short recap of the first trimester for record's sake. I'd like to refer to it as the Trimester of Sleep and Tears. I was fortunate enough to skip the morning sickness, but goodness gracious did I make up for it with lots of sleep and plenty of trips to Crazytown. I was so incredibly tired I could barely get off the couch to move to the bed some nights, and my usual bedtime was no later than 8:00. My favorite part of the day was bedtime. BUT before I could go to bed, I had to fit in a crying spell of some sort almost nightly. Poor, poor Derek... Here are a few examples:
- Crying because I was upset with Derek for not waking up in the middle of the night to feed the baby or change the baby's diaper. I'm not sure if this was a dream or a subconscious assumption or what, but he had to remind me that the baby is not here yet. He promised to do better. Bless him.
- Crying one night when I wasn't feeling great and being upset with myself for not loving every minute of being pregnant so far. I always thought I'd be one of those who just LOVED being pregnant. Eh, maybe not so much, and that makes me sad. I'll of course love the end result, but my body has not been my own. Case in point: I had to stop wearing my contacts about a month ago because my eyes became pretty severely allergic to them overnight. Apparently pregnancy can cause all kinds of vision issues. Who knew?
- Crying at the Singing Christmas Tree when they read the Christmas story about Mary being with child and traveling to Bethlehem. Then they sang Silent Night, and I almost lost it. I seriously cannot control myself.
- And has anyone seen that commercial for Carter's kids clothes where the little girl says something like, "I was born on a cold Sunday in September. That first night was a doozie," And then she goes on to say, "When I became yours, you became mine." OMG I can't deal with it! Let the water works begin!
So, all you mamas out there, will things get a little better in the second trimester? :)
4 comments:
That's pretty funny! Yes, things will definitely get better. You'll have more energy & start to feel more like yourself!
Welcome to Crazytown! You'll be here for a while!!! But yes, it does get better. Once you start to feel baby move, it's AMAZING.
PS - I cried last night during a freaking commercial. It's bad. And no, I'm not pregnant.
PSS - Congrats on 2nd trimester. It's by far the BEST one!!!
Sweet friend! I'm totally with you on everything you said :) At least you can pinpoint your crying...I seem to just be crying for really no reason at all. Josh thinks I've lost my mind this go around. HA!! Enjoy your 2nd trimester. It's the best! You'll enjoy being preggo more...then there's the 3rd trimester... :)
Enjoy the second trimester! Your body will definitely not feel like your own during the third!
Post a Comment