We have our little morning routine pretty well orchestrated, but in the evenings I feel like we're running a marathon. From getting her fed immediately when we get home and trying to feed ourselves something other than cereal for dinner to bathing her and bathing ourselves then getting her ready for bed and getting everything ready for the next day, we are on GO from sunrise to sunset.
I know all you other moms are thinking, "Welcome to the club, sister." It's exhausting. Of course, before I started back at work I thought staying home with her or running errands with her was exhausting. I think being a mom is just exhausting in general, but definitely so worth it!
I couldn't wait until Friday at 5:00 when I got to go pick up the munch and settle in for a mostly lazy weekend in our pajamas. It was wonderful. Sometime during those four days while I was at work, she learned how to laugh and how to perfect that sweet little chubby-cheeked smile just for me.
I really have an entirely new appreciation for the weekends now. They are to be completely cherished, and we shall do just that at our house, especially in our pj's.

No comments:
Post a Comment