Sunday, June 8, 2008

I'm not getting any younger

So, we've had a busy few days, and I'm totally worn out. Thursday night we went to La Cazuela for Katie's last night in the "big city." She and Neil moved back to Vicksburg in January, and she just got a new job over there, so she will no longer have to deal with the 45-minute commute with this $4 a gallon gas. Lucky girl.

It was a family affair, so to speak, with Melanie and Trey and Jane Reynolds, Derek and me, Katie, Meredith, Katherine, Drew and Kristin, John and Ben. We had a good time and all drank our fair share of margaritas and beer outside on the deck. It was soooo hot, and it's only June. Ugh...


Jane Reynolds was in good spirits, despite the heat. She chowed down on her cheese quesadilla, and then it was off to bed. She's gotten so big!

We told the waiter it was Katie's birthday so she could get her complimentary tequila shot. We figured she could suffer through her last day of work feeling like crap. She didn't argue with us, either. :)




It ended up being quite a late night for a work night, and I, too, suffered through work on Friday. I just can't hang like I could a few years ago. Friday night we went to eat dinner with our friends Josh and Lauren and then played some games and had a few drinks at their house. Then Saturday afternoon we went out on the Reservoir with Drew and Kristin and their friends Elizabeth and Blaine. It was a fun day on the water. It was hot, of course, so we drank more beer and Derek tubed for a while. I'm pretty sure he's hurting a little today. :)

So now I'm tired, and the weekend's over, and I'm wondering where it went. I hate that feeling. And tomorrow it's back to the grind. It was a fun and social past few days, though. The only downside is that drinking three days in a row like the good old days just isn't as easy as it used to be. :)

2 comments:

The Laceys said...

Hey Elizabeth
I did not know you had a blog until now! It was so good catching up with you recently! Have a great week!

Courtney said...

Well, maybe Kristin will listen to you & finally blog. She sure doesn't listen to me! I do love reading yours! Maybe sometime soon we can all hang out. I would love it!
and p.s.- I am definitely not busy at all. I just work all the time. blah.