
I've heard it said that women mature and only get better like a fine wine. Of course I agree. :) But I also think the same can be said about friendships. Some are great while they last, but were probably never strong enough to really have an effect on you. But then there are a few that you just enjoy so much that you never want them to end. And they probably never will. Those are the friendships that you just can't imagine your life without. They're the ones that hold too many memories and too many secrets to let go.
I met up for a short visit over drinks with my best friend last night, and after almost 15 years of friendship, there's not much we don't know about each other. We've come a long way from the OG days in junior high and high school. She's a big girl now living in the big ATL, and I miss her soooo much. When we get together (and it's really always been this way), it's like we've never let more than a day go without talking. We pick up right back where we left off... reminiscing about old times, reliving funny moments and, of course, gossiping (that's what we do best) about where everybody is now and what they're doing. We're quite a pair.
I must say that I've been feeling a little down lately. I don't really know why, but it was a definite pick-me-up to have a good visit with her and catch up on the time we've lost.
So, if I had a glass of fine wine in front of me right now, I'd make a toast. Here's to the friendships that always bring a smile to your face. Cheers!
Too bad now I'll have to come up with a different toast for her wedding one day. :)
2 comments:
I have 2 friendships like that - both on the brink of 25 years and going strong!! I definitely know what you mean - they become more than friends!
hey beanie...
tell cassidy hello...
she was THE BEST maid of honor EVER...
love, candee'
Post a Comment