Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Holidayitis

I really don’t want to be at work this week. It’s not like I don’t have plenty to do – I do, but I just don’t want to do any of it. I’d rather be at home in my cozy pajamas sipping hot chocolate and watching Christmas movies. I am very glad I’m off work on Friday though. This is the second year Derek and I both have the day after Thanksgiving off, and it’s been so nice! Working at a newspaper and at a bank didn’t really afford many long holiday breaks, so I won’t complain.

I wanted to take a few minutes to really get in the holiday spirit and share my thoughts this Thanksgiving Eve Eve. Overall, I’m in a good place in life right now, and for that I’m very thankful. I’m thankful that I have a wonderful husband who loves me to the moon and back, even on my worst days. I’m thankful that I have a generous and loving family and an abundance of good friends, even though many of whom I wish lived closer. At least they’re a quick phone call or e-mail away.

I’m thankful to have a roof over my head and a steady job in this unstable economy. I’m thankful that I’m not the one in charge of the country. We can all fuss about what should or shouldn’t be done by any president, but we’re not the ones put in that position to make those tough calls. I’m thankful for our troops and for veterans who have served our country in years past. I’m thankful that my husband is here at home and not spending the holidays in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I’m thankful I’ve been fortunate enough to know my grandparents and hear their stories. I’m thankful that my parents have a strong marriage and have stayed together for more than 30 years. I’m thankful for my pets who show me unconditional love every day. I’m thankful for good health and happiness, and I look forward to what the future brings. And I’m thankful I started this blog so I can write about whatever comes to mind, even if it's boring or random or not worth reading at all. :)

I hope the work week passes quickly for those of us who have to work, and I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! The diet starts Monday. :)

No comments: