Saturday I went to Vicksburg for a baby shower for my friend Melanie and to do some Christmas shopping downtown. The shower was a total success, and Mel and baby Will got lots of great goodies. Too bad I forgot my camera... sorry.After the shower I stopped by my friends Kathleen and Daniel's house for a short visit. Their daughter Linley was born about a week after we got married, so I always associate her age with the "age" of our marriage. It's hard to believe that this little girl will be three in March! Where in the world does the time go?
I spent the rest of the afternoon shopping in downtown Vicksburg. That is by far one of my favorite places to be during the holidays. It's like traveling back in time as you walk down the bricks on Washington Street from shop to shop. Christmas music is piped through speakers on the lamp posts, and you leave your gift at one store being wrapped while you venture on to the next store. It's easy to knock out the majority of your Christmas shopping in just a few hours there. Last year after The Great Tree Disaster of 2007 (that's a separate story, trust me), I drove to Vicksburg to do my day-after-Christmas shopping downtown. I just love it, and that's probably one of the biggest things I miss about living there.
Luckily I'm only a 45-minute drive away. And now that I don't live five minutes from Washington Street, it makes it that much more special to go back and visit. And shop. Can't forget the shopping. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment