Monday, November 17, 2008

Lingerie and the Log Cabin

Saturday afternoon I packed up the car and headed about 30 miles south to D’Lo, Mississippi. My friend Ashley is getting married in two weeks, and she wanted to rent a cabin on the Strong River for her bachelorette party. I was definitely in favor of the idea of a night in rather than out since it probably saved me about $100 in cover charges, overpriced drinks and a hotel room.

Well, when we got to the cabin around dusk there was no electricity. Not cool … I felt like it we were straight out of a horror movie and the psycho killer was lurking at the edge of the woods. Plus it was freezing. Christy and Ashley (reliving their Girl Scout glory days) started a fire, and we huddled around it to keep warm for a couple of hours until the Entergy truck arrived to fix the power line. He saved the day. And the party. :)

We had Ashley’s lingerie shower inside and sat around the bonfire for most of the night. I brought my electronic Catch Phrase game that I got for my birthday, and the more we drank, more it entertained us. We almost dropped it in the fire only once, but it made it through the night safe and sound. It was a great bachelorette party. The party started winding down about 2:30, and we all retreated to our bunk beds.

Derek and I can't make it to Ashley's wedding because it's Thanksgiving weekend, but it was great to say goodbye to her single days in style with a girls' night at a cabin in the woods. :)

1 comment:

The Laceys said...

Just you saying the words Strong River brought back so many good memories. Did you ever go to Strong River Camp. The best place ever. Sounds like a fun trip!