Sunday, April 5, 2009

Busy Weekend

My parents came up for the day yesterday and brought my grandparents for a quick visit. It was our "Easter" get-together since we won't be able to make it to Hattiesburg next weekend. We grilled some burgers and sat out on the deck enjoying the beautiful weather. After lunch, my parents were curious to try out Rock Band, so we played a few songs. My mom thinks she was a drummer in a previous life, so of course she couldn't wait to rock out. I got a short video on my camera of Derek and my parents playing "Eye of the Tiger." Derek is usually the guitarist while I sing, but I think he did pretty good for his first time. This cracks me up... :)

We even got Granny in on the action with some Wii Bowling. Here's an action shot...

Needless to say, we had a lot of fun, and Mom and Dad loved the Wii so much that they bought one when they got back to Hattiesburg yesterday. Yes, that's right... it will be party time at the Bice house from now on. :)

Last night I went to Vicksburg for Lauchlin's 30th birthday party at the Ware House downtown. It was great! Her mom the eternal English teacher wrote a sweet poem about the day she was born and recited it with total professionalism. Here's a pic. So sweet...

And here's a pic of me with some old Vicksburg friends, Lauchlin, Olivia, Cortney and Kathleen.

And of course, knowing Lauchlin, there was karaoke involved as the night wore on. Here's Lauchstar herself singing some Britney...

It was a fun party and a great way for Lauchlin to ring in the big 3-0. Happy birthday, Lauchy!

Today has been a lazy day for me, and I've totally enjoyed it. It's breakfast-for-dinner night tonight, so I'm off to make some omelets. One busy weekend down, one more to go!

1 comment:

Josh and Meredith Jordan said...

I am laughing so hard at this post that I am crying. ELIZABETH! Can I pretty please send this into America's Funniest Home Videos?? Derek singing "Eye of the Tiger" is priceless. Especially the high pitched "eeeeyyyyyeeeeeee of the Tiiiiiger" part. Haa! You made my day!