I work with a few people whose goal in life seems to be making everyone else work a little harder so they can just take it easy... Poor Derek hears the brunt of my complaints about said co-workers, so I just want to complain to someone else for a change... So read on if you care, if not, it's off my chest...
I just get really tired of doing other people's work for them. I wouldn't mind if there was an actual need for it, but here I am actually doing what's asked of me plus what's asked of them just because essentially I'm a proficient worker and they don't want to do it.
All of the people I'm referring to have the same lazy work ethic that gives state employees a bad reputation. I feel like sometimes my sole purpose is to defy that stereotype. Some of these people actually think they deserve a break because they work for the state. They think that their job is safe and guaranteed regardless. I actually heard one such person say, "Well, in this economy, I'm just glad I'm not the last person hired because you know what they say - last one hired is the first one fired, so I don't have anything to worry about." Seriously... THAT's what I get to deal with everyday.
I'm thankful every day that I have a job, much less a job that I enjoy most of the time. And you better believe I try to improve myself and learn everyday. Imagine that!
I despise poor work ethic. I don't think any job should be guaranteed. I feel like it should be deserved. With layoffs left and right these days, I guess I would just assume people wouldn't take their jobs for granted and would actually try to prove their worth, but I guess that's asking too much. And you know what happens when you assume...
Her Last Meet the Teacher
-
Girl likes her a tea!
I decided Annie was old enough to start getting her eyebrows waxed. I
didn't really explain the whole process to her because I didn'...
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment