Monday, April 20, 2009

My totally lazy, unproductive and wonderful weekend...

I don’t think I’ve felt this rested on a Monday in a super long time. I did nothing, and I mean NOTHING, all weekend, and I don’t feel the least bit bad about it. At all…

The only semi-productive happenings of the weekend were starting the ordering process for a new sliding glass door (woo-hoo!) and carefully selecting a couple of nice, fluffy, girly books to take to the beach.

First, the door… our poor sliding glass door has needed to be replaced since we moved into this house almost two years ago. It’s been on the to-do list, but it’s never been a priority. Well, the door has come off its track one too many times and now is missing its wheel, so it really barely slides at all. Plus, if it rains, you can really give up on trying to open it. It’s pretty sad.

So, we gave in and finally took the plunge into replacing it. We love the look of French doors, but the original opening is eight feet, so we’d have to add side panels. We also like how opening the sliding glass doors actually opens the living space, so, here’s what we decided…

Ta-da! French-style sliding glass doors! The inside is unfinished wood that we can stain the color of our wood floors, and the outside is white to match the white trim. I can’t wait! It's just another excuse for a party if you ask me…

As for the books, we have this used book store down the road called the Book Rack, and I could spend hours in there looking through all the books and picking out one that I like. I lucked up this weekend and picked out two books – Bundle of Joy by Ariella Papa and Whacked by Jules Asner – that fit my beach book checklist of having girly drama, a non-British author and a pretty covers.

I just have to set them aside and not let myself start reading them before vacation.

Other than that, I caught up on my DVR’d shows and movies over the weekend and got plenty of beauty sleep. I think I’d be a lot more productive if every weekend was as totally lazy, unproductive and wonderful. :)

No comments: