I've been a bachelorette of sorts this week while Derek's been in Chicago for work, but he's coming home today, and I don't know who's more excited - me or the dog.
Bentley's always on high alert when he realizes he's the man of the house. He barks at everything and stays by my side until I close the bedroom door to go to sleep. I have to lock it so he won't open the door. He really does that. Anyways, I know he's got to be exhausted from playing the security guard non-stop for four days, so he's ready for his daddy to come home. It's a good thing Bentley can't drive or I'd be fighting him over the job of picking Derek up at the airport.
I've kept busy this week with plenty of "me" time. Monday night I rented a girly movie ("When In Rome" with Kristen Bell and Josh Duhamel - don't waste your time) and ordered a pizza. Tuesday night I went to a Tupperware party at a co-worker's house and then headed home to watch some non-Derek DVR'd shows. Last night I met some friends for Mexican after work and then spent the rest of the evening watching "The Boy She Met Online" on the Lifetime Movie Network. Don't hate. I can't watch those things when my husband has the remote. I won't lie... I always enjoy having a few days/nights to myself when Derek goes out of town for business, but after Tuesday I was ready for Derek to come home.
We're both taking off work tomorrow to enjoy an extra long holiday weekend, and I couldn't be more thrilled! Not that we have any plans, but that's fine with me. I'll just be happy to have him home! I'll also be happy to give him back his household duties. I'm not a very good plant-waterer, mail-checker or trash-taker-outer.
Her Last Meet the Teacher
-
Girl likes her a tea!
I decided Annie was old enough to start getting her eyebrows waxed. I
didn't really explain the whole process to her because I didn'...
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment