Thursday, September 9, 2010

Random Thought Thursday

Not much interesting going on with us this week, so I thought I'd just share some random thoughts on my mind this morning...

  • What a great few days for FOOTBALL! Both the Bulldogs and the Saints play on TV tonight, Southern Miss opens at home on Saturday and Ole Miss is in New Orleans to play Tulane. Since we can't be two places at once this weekend, we just won't be at either. But we'll definitely be there in spirit!

  • Derek pulled his calf muscle yesterday during a friendly little game of whiffle ball against some co-workers. We kept it iced down and wrapped up in an Ace bandage last night. He looks pitiful when he walks. I told him he would probably be "stove up" today, and he had no idea what that meant. He thought I was making it up. According to UrbanDictionary.com, it means "to have pain or soreness on such a level that one is unable to get up or move from the couch/bed." To use it in a sentence, After that party last night, I was so stove up that I could hardly move. Glad we cleared that up.

  • The interest rates are at an all-time low right now, so we decided to take advantage of it and refinance our house. Our rate dropped in half, AND we dropped the mortgage down from a 30-year to a 15-year, AND our monthly payment will still be the same. I'm a happy camper. This should pay off big time in the long run when we decide to sell in a few years. Just had to brag for a minute... I'm proud of us. :)

  • We're almost done with Season 2 of True Blood. I told you we were obsessed. I have no idea what we'll do with ourselves until Season 3 comes out. Although we did just set up a wireless internet router and now have Netflix streaming through our Wii, so at least we can watch it as soon as it's released instead of having to wait for it.

  • My 30th birthday is 19 days away... stay tuned for my birthday celebration summary posts. HINT: I've decided to go with 3 separate celebrations since it's the big 3-0. Clever, I know.

Happy Almost Friday! Gotta love four-day work weeks!

1 comment:

Farmer Favorites said...

You crack me up. Love your blog and your random thoughts!