Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Big 3-0 Birthday Tour Stop #2: Jacktown

Round Two of my birthday celebration commenced this week. On Sunday my parents and grandparents came up for an early birthday brunch at Julep. If you've never had brunch there, I highly recommend it. It was delish! We had a great visit, and the mimosas were two-for-one. :)

Yesterday was my actual birthday, and I had an all-around wonderful day! I was greeted with this birthday poster in the lobby of our office at work. And no, those aren't my man hands. In fact, only the head is mine. Our graphic designer photoshopped it. I love it! It's very "me." Ha!

Then right before lunch I got these beautiful flowers from Katie, Neil and Frances (and Jack). So sweet!

After a day full of texts, phone calls and Facebook wall posts, we went to the Bulldog for my official birthday party. Katherine had decorated a big table outside and even bought me a party hat that said Over The Hill. Nice, huh?

It was SO NICE and fall-like outside - perfect for a birthday party! Claire even made me lemon (my fave) cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I felt so loved!



After the Bulldog, we went to McB's near the Reservoir for some karaoke. I sang a little Fleetwood Mac and called it a night about midnight. Not too bad for a Tuesday night 30th birthday celebration...

I can't let the birthday blog post go by without saying a word or two about my sweet husband. He has made this the BEST birthday. He spoils me rotten, and I love him for that! :) For my big 30th birthday present, Derek had my engagement ring/wedding ring reset, and it is absolutely beautiful. I can't stop staring at it. I'm a lucky girl to have a man that loves me this much.

I have the best family and friends anyone could ever ask for, and I'm proud to welcome my 30s. I have a feeling it will be the best decade yet!

No comments: