Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Only 101 More Days!

I have officially begun Christmas shopping!! My first purchase was actually a gift for my dad. I saw it online on sale and totally took advantage of it. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the gift until it's time to wrap it and stick it under the tree...

Let me clarify that I have NEVER been an early Christmas shopper for numerous reasons. First, I was always afraid that if I bought things here and there for people as Christmas gifts, I would either totally forget about them or end up giving the gifts as birthday presents. Not that that's a bad thing, but that defeats the purpose! Second, I like to let my "Christmas fund" savings build until the last possible minute so I that I can just go on a crazy shopping spree all at once.

There's something strangely satisfying about checking all your gifts off your list in one day, I think. Of course, it's exhausting, too. That being said, I will never ever ever do the big Black Friday shopping after Thanksgiving. You couldn't pay me to suffer through that... I am a leisurely shopper.

I have a Christmas shopping weekend to the outlet mall in Foley planned with all my college friends in November. That place is so huge that I have a feeling we'll all have our maps out and go our separate ways, but by the end of the day we should have most of our shopping done! I'm excited.

I'm counting down the days until I can set up the tree and put all the nicely wrapped gifts underneath it. I LOVE that part. Then of course there's the bit of depression that sets in after all the gifts are opened and the tree is empty again, but that comes with the territory, I suppose. Until then, I'll just keep buying gifts here and there and maybe start a "to wrap" pile in the guest bedroom.

Geez, with this much Christmas spirit I'll be pushing Mrs. Claus, Rudolph AND all the elves out of the Santa's #1 helper spot by the time it's December. :)

No comments: