Friday, March 11, 2011

Today

Five years ago today Derek and I said, "I do." It's been a wonderful five years and I can't wait to celebrate at least another 50 more. I look forward to seeing what the future holds for us. Happy Anniversary, D! I love you.

Also today my thoughts go out to those affected by the huge earthquake in Japan. I had a horrible, sinking feeling in my stomach until I knew that Cassidy and John were safe. Our trip over there is less than a month away, and as for what will change with that, we're not sure. I am just consumed with the thoughts of those who are suffering with the destruction over there. It's just an unsettling feeling.

I suppose I just have a lot of thoughts going through my head this morning, and most of all, I'm saying some prayers... Prayers of gratitude to God for creating this perfect partner in my life who I love and have been married to for five years now, and for keeping our friends safe in this horrible natural disaster overseas.

It's a big world, and it overwhelms me sometimes at how much bigger it is than me. My joys, problems and worries can be so insignificant in the grand scheme of things. This morning I'm just humbled.

No comments: