Thursday, January 26, 2012

Note to Self

Nine years ago today I started dating the man who would eventually become my husband. It just happened, and it was the last thing I was looking for at the time. And I clearly am very blessed today because of that. Looking back I see that it was all part of "the plan." Maybe not my plan at the time, but God's plan for my life.

I just need to be reminded that the best things in life often "just happen." It's all part of a plan that's way bigger than mine.

Sorry for being so vague, but I just had a moment of clarity today, and I thought writing about it would help me remember.

So, note to self: You have oh so very much to be thankful for, and if things don't happen exactly as you planned they would, so what?

I once heard that if you want to make God laugh just tell him your plans. He usually has something bigger and better in mind. I certainly won't challenge that.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I know exactly what you mean. Good note to self!

Jules said...

His plan is much sweeter than anything we could dream up....it just takes a bit of crap sometimes for us to get to the point that we can see that. Much love to you cuz....

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

I just heard that saying over the weekend! So true, but so hard for me to get in my head sometimes;)