She will very likely be a May baby rather than a June one, but that's ok. We're taking it week by week. The sono tech wasn't able to see her practicing her breathing on the sonogram, so they had to hook me up to the monitors to do a non-stress test. We sat there for 30 minutes, and watched her heart rate react to the contractions I was having about every two minutes. They're just Braxton Hicks contractions and not labor-inducing contractions, but it still freaked me out a bit because I couldn't really feel them. She checked me, and everything is fine. The contractions are normal this far into pregnancy, but in my case they're just happening pretty close together because of the size of the baby and the amount of fluid.
We were able to get a quick glimpse at her precious little face on the sonogram! And the best news of the day is that she's now head-down and no longer breech, so that's great news.
In summary, Dr. Moses said if she doesn't come on her own in the next three weeks, we'll have another sonogram at 37 weeks to see how big she is. From there we'll likely schedule a c-section for no later than 39 weeks if she's as big as expected.
What a whirlwind! It was a very thorough appointment, and we felt like we got a complete picture of how she's doing. I'm praying she stays put a few more weeks just to let things mature a little bit more, but I think the rest is up to Sibley at this point!
After our doctor's appointment, Derek and I came up to my office for my work baby shower. It was so nice, and we once again feel so very loved!
It was a baby-filled Friday, and it was great. We came home after the shower and finished washing baby blankets, putting up big gifts, getting the car seat out and ready to install, and making sure everything was as ready as could be for her pending arrival.
No more than about a month to go now until we meet this sweet girl. Time's a tickin'!





1 comment:
Time is FLYING by. I can't believe you are already that close. Can't wait to meet sweet Sibley, as long as she stays put for a while longer.
Post a Comment