We are 38 weeks today, and next Friday, June 7th, we'll get to meet her!! I am beyond excited, anxious, terrified, elated, nervous and a lot of other things all rolled into one.
We collectively (Derek, Dr. Moses, and myself) made the decision to schedule a c-section based on several factors. After this week's check-up, I hadn't dilated more than the same 1 cm I was last week, she's still sitting very high with no signs of dropping anytime soon, and she seems to have flipped again and likely is no longer head-down (it was hard for Dr. Moses to tell just by feeling my stomach because she's so big). Not to mention her head is measuring in the 90th percentile and her belly is measuring in the 98th percentile.
It's still very surreal. The thought of a c-section scares me a little, but honestly the thought of delivery in general scares me. I really take confidence in the fact that she'll be delivered in minutes with no time for distress. What I didn't want was to be induced, labor all day, then still end up with a c-section when my body was exhausted. As it turns out, Dr. Moses didn't feel like an induction would be successful in my case since I hadn't really progressed on my own at this point, and we were running out of time for my body to do it's thing naturally since they like for gestational diabetic babies to be born at 39 weeks.
Anyways, sorry to bore you with all those medical details, but regardless, I'm thrilled that we have an actual plan now and a DATE. Sibley's birthday will be 6/7/13. What a perfect day for a birthday!
Her Last Meet the Teacher
-
Girl likes her a tea!
I decided Annie was old enough to start getting her eyebrows waxed. I
didn't really explain the whole process to her because I didn'...
4 weeks ago
1 comment:
An excellent day to be born! My birthday, too. Hope that all goes well and can't wait to see pictures. :)
Post a Comment