Unless she decides to make her arrival sooner, looks like we'll be meeting our baby girl in two weeks! Dr. Moses doesn't want me to go past 39 weeks because of my diabetes and her size (as of Tuesday she was estimated at 8 lbs., 3 oz., at almost 37 weeks). Her method of arrival is still to be determined, but most likely it will be via c-section or induction sometime that first week of June.
That leads me to this post. I have ALL kinds of emotions running through my head right now. It's very bittersweet. I could not be more excited to meet this little girl and start our new life as a family of three. But with that comes saying goodbye to seven years as a pretty dynamic duo.
I realize that probably sounds ridiculously irrational, but we've always been go-ers and do-ers. We like to eat nice dinners out, we like to travel, we like to go to happy hour (or we did prior to the past nine months!), we like to just enjoy life as the hip, young kids we are! Haha, but seriously... we're about to be thrown a huge curveball that comes wrapped in pink and goes by the name of Sibley.
I know you're never truly READY for a baby -- no matter how prepared you think you are or no matter how long you've hoped and prayed for that little blessing. We're at a great place in our lives, and I think God knew that when he said, "It's time."
While it might be the end of an era as a twosome, it's the beginning of the best years of our lives, and I truly believe that. Our world is about to be rocked, and she's about to make our good times even better.
In the meantime, while I can't really enjoy happy hour in the traditional sense for the next two weeks, I do think I can fit in a few nice steak dinners out at my favorite restaurants, peaceful bubble baths, and afternoon naps. Sounds like a nice way to spend the "in-between" time if you ask me. :)
Her Last Meet the Teacher
-
Girl likes her a tea!
I decided Annie was old enough to start getting her eyebrows waxed. I
didn't really explain the whole process to her because I didn'...
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment