This was the "inspiration piece" for the room. Derek's mom always collected pineapples, and right after she passed away in 2009 we saw this piece of art at a gallery in Orange Beach. We bought it with the intention of one day putting it in a nursery. And now here it is...
Speaking of moms, we had these two similar photos of our moms with us as newborns, so we blew them up to 8x10s and had them framed to hang on the wall when you enter the room. The piece in the middle is a Walter Anderson "S" that our friends Melanie and Trey gave us at our first baby shower.
We had her bedding made by Polka Tot Designs in Mobile, and we found this precious mobile on Etsy. Again, I'm just thrilled with how it turned out. I love the gray-red-yellow combo.
We saw this light fixture at I.O. Metro Furniture, and we knew it was perfect. It's a little different, but it goes so well with everything else in the room. You can't really tell from the pic, but it's distressed wood, and the medallion on the ceiling adds a feminine touch.
And here is the panoramic view of the whole room. Derek and I have spent many an hour in here already reading to her and getting everything ready for her arrival. The rocking chair in the corner was one of the first pieces of furniture my grandparents bought when they were married in the 1940s. A sweet co-worker made the quilt that hangs on top.
There's a lot of love in this room already. We can't wait to share it all with her very, very soon!
4 comments:
I love it! Especially the mom and baby pics! You need to add one of you and Sibley once she's here!
Love ALL of it! The pics are such a sweet touch.
I love it!! Yall did a great job!
So cute. I knew what the pineapple was for before even reading your post. Love it!
Post a Comment