Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Gettin' Our Memory On

We definitely got our eagle on, our drank on and our memory on over the weekend as we celebrated Memorial Day at Eagle Lake. It started Saturday with a day full of boat-ridin' and beer-drinkin'. It wasn't very pretty weather-wise, but we got plenty of sun regardless. A little too much sun, really, because I'm still recovering. Ugh...



After a fish fry late Saturday afternoon, we played cards as the sun set, then headed to Trey's family's house two roads over for a bonfire. Actually, it was more like a brushfire burning all the limbs and trees that fell during the storm last month. We watched the fire while we listened to music and drank more beer. Fun times, fun times...



On Sunday, we drank even more beer since the sun was shining and it was a holiday weekend, but after an afternoon slightly hungover, slightly drunk again, definitely sunburned and pretty tired, I took a nap before we decided to drive back to Jackson and call it a night. We got home and attempted to drink yet one more beer with our neighbors, Ben and Tina, but Derek was falling asleep on the deck before his beer was even finished. Clearly, we just had too much fun.

The long weekend was capped off yesterday with a lazy Monday by washing clothes and watching a movie. And, just for Jessie, I remembered the moment of silence at 4 yesterday afternoon to remember our soldiers. I paused my movie and said a little prayer.

I forgot to mention that Derek did the big reveal of his tattoo this weekend. It was a souvenir from Colorado. Surprisingly, Gary and Candee didn't say too much about it, besides the fact that it was kinda trashy and he could have gotten some crazy needle disease. I think it'll grow on them with time. After all, it does mean "Grey," so they couldn't argue too much. :)
















All in all, it was a great holiday and definitely one that I need to recover from for a few days. So how much longer till July 4th? :)

No comments: