Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ghetto Fabulous

It seems like lately there hasn't been a dull moment at the Grey house. Last night, I get home from the gym, and Derek opens the door with an "uh-oh" look on his face.

"I did something bad," he said. "Don't be mad." I walk in and notice the window above our sink is broken and my stained glass that I made a few years ago in Vicksburg is gone.

I was quiet for a minute, just looking at the window and then back at Derek until I said, "I can't believe this. Do you have any idea how long it took me to make that?" Then he quickly clarifies that the stained glass is fine, it's just the window that shattered. Phew.

While Derek was trying to throw the water hose over the fence to water the hanging plants in the carport, the nozzle hit the window. It wasn't a pretty sight.

For the time being, we rigged the window with cardboard so bugs can't get in and air can't get out. Now we're just waiting on an estimate from the window guy. Just add it to our list of things to do around the house. Geez... just when it seems like we get a little bit of a break!

Anyways, I can live with a broken window for a few days. We'll fix it. What I can't live with is pieces of a cardboard box that once held a shop-vac covering up my pretty view of our flower box. It's not the classiest look, that's for sure. But maybe we'll only be trashy for a few days... here's hoping. :)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

yay! I found you, too. Maybe you can encourage Kristin to finally update. She's such a slacker. Hope to see y'all soon!

Y U Mad said...

And I get nary a mention, Lizzie? Trashy f'in w**re sl*t.