In all the excitement of heading off on vacation last week, I totally forgot to tell you about the major drama that happened last Tuesday at the Grey house. After an hour or so of packing for our trip, Derek decided that his last "to-do" item for the night would be to superglue the ear pads onto his sunglasses since he had been having a hard time making them stay. You probably can already see where this is going...
Well, sometime in the midst of this job, the tube of superglue exploded (or something like that - I couldn't really understand him through all the hysteria) and Derek came running in from the carport yelling with glue dripping from his face. The glue had gotten on his eyelashes, lips, cheeks and inside his mouth. He was freaking out. I was freaking out. Do you let it dry or not? There's not a huge window of time here. Neither one of us knew what to do, so I was armed and ready with a washcloth while he looked online for a solution.
Turns out a little fingernail polish remover (acetone-based) and some warm, soapy water will take the dried superglue right off. We probably could have figured this out had we not been in panic mode. Needless to say, it could have been much, much worse. I guess it could be considered a learning experience for the future. I now know to NEVER let my children play with superglue (duh). I think Derek's learned that lesson the hard way. :)
Her Last Meet the Teacher
-
Girl likes her a tea!
I decided Annie was old enough to start getting her eyebrows waxed. I
didn't really explain the whole process to her because I didn'...
4 weeks ago
1 comment:
yeah - I almost laughed out loud at work reading this.....I would've been freaking out too! That is totally something that would happen to me ;-)
Post a Comment