Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sex on a Friday night

So, I went to see "Sex and the City" last night with some girls from work, and I LOVED IT! I'll try not to give away any spoilers for those of you who haven't seen it, but anybody who has ever seen the show really needs to go see this movie. It was wonderful, and I was very happy with the way things ended. The movie had its fair share of laughter and tears, and overall, I give it two thumbs up for sure. The only semi-negative thing I can say about it is that those women have not aged super gracefully on the digital screen. You could just about see every wrinkle and dimple, but I will say that it was nice to see that some people in Hollywood aren't perfect.

Now, saying all that, I will say that if you didn't make it to opening night, count your blessings. Of course it sold out, so I was glad we bought our tickets early. I have never in my life witnessed such chaos. The line to get inside the theater was out the door, and then once they announced that the "Sex and the City" theaters were seating, it was a mad rush to get a seat. Absolutely nuts. You had to literally hold on to the people you came with or one of you could have easily been trampled by the stampede of estrogen running (yes, running) to the theater. The few poor guys that were there because their girlfriends or wives convinced them it would be a fun date night were totally miserable. The one sitting next to me was texting on his phone through the entire movie despite being elbowed every few minutes by his girlfriend.

Yep, I can definitely tell you were all the ladies were last night. But overall, it was actually fun to watch it in a theater full of mostly women. Everyone gasped and laughed and sniffed back a few tears at the same time. It was definitely a unique experience. The only thing better would have been if there was a waiter coming around offering free cosmos. :)

No comments: