So Derek promised me that we would start having a weekly "date night" to check out all the restaurants in Jackson that we haven't tried. I guess last night turned out to be our first "date" even though that wasn't really the original plan.
We decided mid-afternoon that we wanted to have a drink after work, so we rounded up most of our usual Wednesday night drinking crew and headed up to the Bulldog. It's always tough to turn down the bar food they have up there when your stomach starts to growl, so you almost always need to have dinner plans in place beforehand. We usually follow up a visit to the Bulldog with din-din at El Vaquero down the street, but since we just did Mexican last week, we decided to branch out a little.
After going though the short list of options right near home, we decided to try Steamroom Grille. Now, this is a place that's great for luncheon meetings, but not one I'd really pick for a nice dinner out. But, hey, it's right by home, so why not give it a shot? So off we went - Ben and Tina, Derek and me, and Katherine on our "date."
I think we were all very pleasantly surprised. Our waitress was great, the food was delish, and I'm sure the bottle of wine and other toddies didn't hurt with the overall satisfaction, either. So Date Night Number One gets an A+ in my book. I think next week will be Derek's pick (although I'm not quite sure how this one ended up being my pick), so we'll see what he might have up his sleeve. I think I'll be okay with wherever as long as he's the one paying. :)
He Wants to Rip Them Off
-
Sweet girls at church....
Bitty loves golf and asked me to tag along while he played a few holes the
other day.
Another camp....
After many months and a lo...
4 weeks ago
1 comment:
That sounds like fun! Now you know you have a reason to blog at least once a week — to let all of us who don't have dining options up to speed on the good eats around Vicksburg. I can't wait for the weekly review! Have a good weekend!
Post a Comment