I feel like I’m in a rut, and I think it’s the Olympics. Last week I watched them for a few hours almost every night, and a couple of times I even waited it out until the medal ceremony and cried when the National Anthem played for whatever country won gold, especially if it was us.
I’ve been very proud of Michael Phelps and all of the men and women gymnasts (this is all I usually care about watching), but there’s really only so much I can watch without feeling like I’m stuck in that stupid “Groundhog Day” movie with the same scenes playing out over and over. Haven’t I seen this same competition before? It’s made me lose my sense of what day it is. All of the weekdays are running together, and I can’t even keep up with the U.S. medal count, except I know we’re winning.
When I was a little girl, I remember HATING when the Olympics were on. They must have been on earlier in the summer then or we went back to school much later (which I know we did – I can’t believe summer ended almost a month ago for kids now), but they were on ALL day long, and it seemed like it was all that was on any channel. Now, of course I’ve grown to respect and appreciate the event much more, but it still gets old to me after about a week. I have total admiration for these athletes who train for years and years for these two weeks, but I almost feel like there should be a separate channel, not NBC, dedicated only to covering all the Olympic events.
Some people want to watch all of it. Some people don’t. I fall in between, but I’m ready for this two-week stint to be over for this year. I’m sure I’ll be excited for it when 2012 rolls around, but for now I’ve had to make do with ridiculous Lifetime movies like “Confessions of a Go-Go Girl” and re-runs of “House Hunters” and “Family Guy.” Thank goodness for some salvation from the new season of “The Hills” and “Sunset Tan.” And I thought badminton as an Olympic sport was absurd. :)
He Wants to Rip Them Off
-
Sweet girls at church....
Bitty loves golf and asked me to tag along while he played a few holes the
other day.
Another camp....
After many months and a lo...
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment