I know this is random, but I am so super ready for the fall TV lineup. Tonight is the season finale of "So You Think You Can Dance," and while I'm excited to see who wins, I hate that it's ending... even more so than "American Idol." I'm not a total reality TV junkie, but those are two shows that I've watched pretty much from day one. Maybe I'm a dork, but I guarantee you that in a room full of 10 strangers, you could bring up one of those two shows and start up a pretty decent conversation. And it's not just me! Derek's the one who sets the DVR up to record the whole season. We're big fans. We also watch "Design Star" on HGTV, which also just ended. So, needless to say, I'm ready for some new shows in my life!
I know summer is a time to get outside and enjoy the extra daylight and all, but down here it's just entirely too hot most days. It's not too bad when the sun sets, but on most normal nights, I'm in my pajamas by that time. We're not nearly as bad as some people I know who haven't yet discovered DVR and won't commit to any plans their favorite show is on at the same time, but we do enjoy a few shows here and there as a nice guilty pleasure.
I think most of my favorites (except for The Hills, which comes back on in a couple of weeks - yay!) start back up in late September. That's also right around the time that Derek will be gone on a business trip to Arizona AND the week or so leading up to my birthday. What a treat for me to have the TV all to myself for a few nights to watch all these two-hour premieres AND celebrate (or cry, depending on my mood) the big 2-8 all in a 7-or-so-day span! Of course I'll miss hubby, but I won't complain about not having to share the couch with anyone else but the cat for a few nights.
And with the beauty of DVR, he can watch them all (the Housewives, Greys, and another new favorite, Pushing Daisies) when he gets home and feel like he didn't miss a thing! And just to be generous, I'll probably even let him enjoy the entire experience like I did by not interrupting his couch time. Now that's true love. :)
He Wants to Rip Them Off
-
Sweet girls at church....
Bitty loves golf and asked me to tag along while he played a few holes the
other day.
Another camp....
After many months and a lo...
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment