
Derek finally has a new wedding ring now after losing his in the lake last month. I know a ring is just a symbol of marriage, but to me, it's very important. I know some people don't wear their rings, but I just think it's so classic. I feel a lot better now that he has one again. And it's not like it really mattered, but he had already lost his tan line!
So, as cheesy as I am, I insisted that I say my vows again to "bless" the new ring. I didn't pull out the vows from the wedding book (I actually did that a few weeks ago before Derek decided the first replacement ring was too heavy), but I said them from my heart, and that's all that matters. It's an outward symbol of an inward and sacred love. Gag me, I know, but it's true.
So somewhere somebody may be wearing a ring right now that I "blessed" a few weeks ago, but maybe that will just bring them luck. And somewhere on the bottom of Eagle Lake sits the original ring that we picked out for Derek to wear for the rest of his life. Maybe that plan didn't work out so well, but it's okay. He's only been a month without one, and in the grand scheme of a lifetime, that isn't that long at all.
Now once it gets a few scratches on it and loses its brand new shine, the new ring will be as good as old. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment