Sunday, August 10, 2008

Summertime and the livin' is easy...

What a wonderful weekend.... it was almost cool outside (well, definitely not as miserably hot as it has been here recently), and it felt like the beginning of fall. I guess it's right around the corner. Friday night Derek and I had one of my favorite "date nights" with burgers on the grill that we ate al fresco, followed by some deck-sitting with a few drinks and some good music. It was a great way to end this crazy week.

Yesterday the Greys invited my parents up to the lake, so we enjoyed a nice, breezy afternoon on the boat and some great ribs and grilled shrimp with fresh corn on the cob, salad, baked potatoes and peach cobbler for dessert. After our bellies were full, we took my parents to Chotard for the true lake experience - one that I'm sure they won't forget anytime soon.

Eagle Lake is definitely one of my favorite places in the world... It's a nice escape for a day or two, and it's so great to get away and just relax. Here's a few pics and a video of our fun on the water. Both Mom and Dad decided to tube, and I think they're a little sore today from it, but you're only young once, right? :)



And here's a pic of our family complete with both sets of in-laws. We had all had a full day of fun, as I think you can tell from Gary's face in this picture.


I have a love/hate relationship with Sundays because while I love having a lazy afternoon to recoup from the weekend, it means that the fun's over and Monday's a day away. Oh, well. For now I'll just have to remember that the next weekend is only five days away. :)

1 comment:

Jules said...

ha - aunt beth cracks me up! I miss your folks and you guys - always so much fun!! hopefully we'll all get to be hang out together again for a happy reason ;-)