Tuesday, August 12, 2008

World Traveling and Wedding Planning


My friend Cassidy is moving to Japan this week to teach American kids at a military base over there. She's always been a teacher, but recently she's been ready for something a little different, and... Voila! A big change came her way.

Her contract is for two years, and she'll be home for the summer and maybe for a few days during Christmas and spring break. We said our goodbyes last night, and while it's sad to think that she's a million miles away and that now we'll have to schedule our phone calls because of the 13-hour time difference, I couldn't be more excited for her. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for her, and maybe if I'm lucky, she'll even start a blog to share her adventures with everyone back home!

One thing that is sure to keep her busy while she's gone is that she's getting married in July and still has a lot of planning to do. She was able to get most of the major things taken care of before she left, but she still has plenty of small details to work out while she's overseas. At least most of it can be done through e-mail, and she's got a trusty matron of honor back in Mississippi to help out if need be. ;)

So, to Cassidy, because I know you'll read this, good luck, HAVE FUN and take it all in one day at a time! Try not to stress and try to take LOTS of pictures! I'm so proud of you for doing this, and I can't wait to plan a trip to come visit. I'll see you in June when you're a few weeks away from becoming Mrs. Parker! Love you.

No comments: