Sunday, September 21, 2008

Catching Up

This weekend was a nice few days spent at home, catching up with friends and family and catching up on things around the house. Friday night we went to our friends Drew and Kristin's house for dinner. I started this blog the week after they got married, so I thought since I missed actually blogging about their wedding, I'd post a pic from it just a few months later. Here's the happy couple at the reception. No, that's not Drew's real hair... he just really likes his mullet wig.

It was good to catch up. Even though we live a lot closer now than we did a few years ago, it seems like we never see each other, so it was a nice visit. Hopefully we can do it again soon!

Saturday we spent at home, just doing a few things around the house and cleaning. Saturday night was spent on the couch. It was a nice lazy evening which I think we both needed, especially considering we actually went out Thursday night and still hadn't caught up on our sleep by Saturday. Normal bedtime for me these days just keeps getting earlier and earlier. Pretty soon I'll be headed for the early bird special for dinner. Geez, getting older is no fun...

Today my parents came up for brunch in honor of my birthday next weekend and my mom's birthday a few weeks ago. It was a great day to sit outside and drink a few mimosas. We had a nice visit, and my mom and I opened a couple of birthday presents, which makes any Sunday even better!

Now we're getting Derek packed for his week in Arizona for work and will soon retreat back to the couch for what's left of our weekend. They just go by way too fast. Only seven more days to enjoy being 27, so guess I better enjoy them. :)

No comments: