Happy Birthday, Drewski! Yesterday was our friend Drew's 27th birthday, and his wife Kristin planned a surprise party at Cinco de Mayo to celebrate. As you probably know from earlier posts, Drew is a fan of mullet wigs. I don't really know why, but to each his own. It's his party trick. You know you have one, too, you just may not want to admit it. Ha! He recently bought a new mullet that he sported at the party last night. This one looks more like an 80's hair band wig, though. Nevertheless, he rocked it proudly, especially once they put the sombrero on him for his birthday tequila shot.
I represented the Greys at the party since Derek was flying somewhere over Louisiana en route home last night. It was a good way to pass a couple of hours before I headed to the airport. Derek got in about 9:30, so once we got home, we unpacked and got our to-do list together for the next couple of days. September has shaped up to be a really busy birthday month. We're having a party tomorrow night to celebrate mine. It was just a good excuse to have people over and enjoy sitting on the deck and having a few birthday drinks in this nice, cool weather. I'm excited! And Bentley doesn't really know it yet, but he gets to celebrate my birthday by spending a night in one of the suites at the new PetSmart Hotel. He'll get a nice lambskin bed and a TV in his room that plays Animal Planet nonstop. We figured it would be a nice treat for him so he won't miss sniffing all the strangers at his house and trying to convince them to throw the ball.
While having margarita number two last night I missed a call from Cassidy in Japan, but she left me a sweet voicemail wishing me a happy birthday a couple of days early. I think she thought my birthday was today, but in her defense, there is a 14-hour time difference and her planner is somewhere out in the ocean right now slowly being shipped to her along with just about everything else except for one suitcase she brought when she moved over there in August. She's called me EVERY single year on my birthday if I don't see her, so I knew she wouldn't let being across the globe change that.
So Happy Friday and have a great weekend! I'm certainly going to make the most of it because you only turn 28 once, right? Now 29 might be a different story... that could be a birthday that repeats itself for a few years. We'll see... :)
2 comments:
Hope you have a great birthday.
Hope the party is so much fun, and glad Derek is back to celebrate with you.
Hope to see y'all again soon.
Post a Comment