Sunday, December 14, 2008

And I thought the elves were busy...

It has begun... Eleven days to go until Christmas, and we couldn't be busier. It's the most wonderful time of the year, and I'm enjoying each and every crowd-fighting, party-going, gift-wrapping filled minute of it. Thursday we decided not to let the snow cancel our plans for dinner out with Drew and Kristin. It was the first annual Grey-Gorney Christmas dinner, and we spent two completely enjoyable hours at Shapley's eating steak, drinking wine and catching up. It was so much fun, and the food was absolutely delicious.

Yesterday I finally finished all my shopping, and it feels GREAT. I'm so glad I don't have to fight the crowds and the traffic next weekend. It's a jungle out there when it's time for Christmas shopping, and I'll gladly stay home while all the crazies fight over parking spots at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Last night we went to Vicksburg for a Christmas party at Katie's house in honor of Neil's birthday. Her house was decorated to a tee, and we had a great time. Here are a few pics from the night.

The Grey kids...

Neil blowing out his birthday candles...

The sisters-in-law...

We headed back home this morning, and I did some grocery shopping and spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning the house to get ready for our party this weekend. Why is it that the best time of the year always flies by so fast? We've got a to-list that stretches to the floor with a few more Christmas parties thrown in this week. I'd have plenty of time to get everything done if only work didn't get in the way of the fun stuff. Maybe next year I'll save up my vacation time and take the whole month of December off... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some good looking candles right there...

Aby said...

Love the dress!