Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Part Two: The Other 'Burg

We continued our Thanksgiving celebration with lunch at Katie’s house in Vicksburg on Saturday for the Grey family. And what a family Thanksgiving it was! We had relatives from just about all sides including Mamaw and J.W., Uncle Rusty and Lionel, Neil’s mom Vicky and cousins Wes and Elise. There were 16 ½ people there including Ryan Hadley, and you should have seen the spread of food. Here's Ryan Hadley with Grandee.

It was a great get-together, and we all stuffed ourselves silly. I’ve eaten so much these past few days that I think I’d be fine if I didn’t eat at all this week. I’m sad to say that the last of the leftover turkey went to work with Derek for lunch today, so we’re officially out of Thanksgiving leftovers, which is not necessarily a bad thing considering the amount of food we had! Here's Chef Neil carving the turkey he fried.

After lunch, Derek and I drove out to the lake to spend the night visiting with Rusty and Lionel. We had a good time catching up and relaxing by the fire.

It’s amazing how a four-day weekend can really wear you out more than a regular one, but I guess that’s the beauty of the holidays. And to think it’s only just begun… We’ve officially switched into Christmas mode at our house, so stay tuned. I’m sure there will be a month’s worth of bloggable moments to come. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks dustin (for the pics!) great time!

Elizabeth said...

Haha! It helped to have a "professional" photographer for a group that big! :)