We started the Christmas week with the Grey Family Christmas on Sunday. We packed up all the presents (mostly for Ryan Hadley) and headed to Vicksburg. Unfortunately, I, of all people, forgot the stupid camera. I've been kicking myself all week for not being able to share any pictures of Ryan Hadley opening all her goodies and playing with her new toys. She was so precious! We had a great time!
We both took off work on Christmas Eve and spent the day at home. Derek and I did our Christmas together (he spoils me entirely too much - each year is just better than the last), and Katherine came over mid-afternoon to eat breakfast for dinner and exchange gifts. We even watched one of my all-time favorite Christmas movies, "Santa Clause: The Movie" with Dudley Moore. I'm a sucker for '80s Christmas movies, that's for sure. Here's a pic of Bentley with a bow on his head. He loved it, I promise. :)
On Thursday morning we headed to Hattiesburg for the Bice Family Christmas and Granny's 80th birthday. We opened gifts at Granny's and then went to my parents' house to do Christmas with them. It was a day full of present-opening! Trust me, there was no complaining. :)
Here are a couple of family pics from the day... Mom cooked a delicious dinner for Granny's birthday, and we celebrated with a cake we got from Campbell's bakery and a bottle of Dom Perignon champagne! Apparently my mom and dad bought Granny a bottle for her 60th birthday in 1988 and somehow in the pouring process they spilled almost all of it. I think it was pretty traumatic. Back then a bottle was about $65, which was a mighty expensive bottle of champagne. We were lucky enough to catch the whole event on camera and were able to watch it yesterday on the DVDs that Mom had made last month. It was priceless. So then, of course, it was the perfect time for a toast to Granny's 80th with a new bottle of Dom Perignon. Nice stuff! We were very careful not to spill a drop this time. :)
Here are a few pics from the birthday celebration...
2 comments:
Did not see you at church on Christmas Eve? Do yall ever go anymore. Just curious. For Kenny and I it all depends on who we are with on Christmas Eve. Hope you had a great holiday!
Yeah, we didn't go to Hattiesburg until Christmas Day. I haven't been to the Parkway Christmas Eve service in years, but I used to love it. It doesn't get any prettier than that service! :)
Post a Comment