Saturday, December 20, 2008

In the spirit of giving ... and taking

We're in recovery mode today from the Dirty Santa party we hosted last night. I don't know that I can listen to the Christmas CD we made one more time, but it was great background music for a great party. We had about 25 guests, and while the weather wasn't quite cool enough to make a fire, it was great deck-sitting weather, so we spent the majority of the time outside. Here are a few pics from the night.

The start of the game... In the end, Derek and I ended up with a gift card to the Bulldog (which was the gift I brought) and a gift card to Newk's, both of which will go to very good use, I'm sure.


Here's Derek with John, the birthday boy. These two go way back to elementary school. Aren't they cute? :)

Here's me with my girls, Allison and Christy. It's only taken a year and a half to get Christy and Ryan to come visit us in Jackson! :) I think they had a great time though, and I'm so glad they were able to come...

Here's Johnny P. blowing out his makeshift birthday cake - a homemade sugar cookie with a match that we turned into a candle. We're pretty creative, I know.


Here's Ryan towards the end of the night doing a very impressive Elvis impersonation. We told him he should go pro with it. :)
In the end, it was a wonderful night with good friends, and Lauchlin and I stayed up entirely too late as usual just catching up. It's a good thing Christmas comes once a year because I'm already worn out! :)

1 comment:

Wilson said...

Looks like fun! It's always great when you can spend the rest of the weekend recovering.