Friday, May 29, 2009

Back to high school...

So I have my 10-year class reunion this weekend, and I'm not quite so sure what to think about it. I'm not nervous, per say, more anxious. I think my anxiety comes from the fact that my closest friends from high school won't be there. I have a few friends I've kept in touch with that it will be good to see and hang out with, but I think I'm just afraid of ending up in a conversation with someone who I have no clue who they are and don't remember at all. Talk about awkward...

At least thanks to Facebook and MySpace, everyone knows what everyone else is doing these days, so that won't be a shock. And it will definitely be good to see all these people that I haven't seen since the late 90s and see who has five kids, who went bald and who has changed the most or the least. I think I would put myself in the latter category. I don't feel like I've changed that much, except now I don't drink Zima or the Beast and don't try to straighten my hair until it fries. That's about it.

I will say this time around I'm letting my parents drop us off and pick us up from the party since it's in their neck of the woods, and I'm sure a few cocktails will be enjoyed. I would have died from embarrassment if they had done that in high school, so I guess some things do change. ;)

1 comment:

The Laceys said...

Oooh. Can't wait to hear all the gossip about OG classmates.