Sunday, May 17, 2009

Just what we needed...

Well, we made it through the first full work week back after our two vacations, and this weekend felt like it was a loooong time coming. I've never been so happy to have a few days at home with little to no plans.

Friday night we had some friends over to bowl on the Wii and play Rock Band. I actually tied my husband, the bowling pro, with my highest score ever of 238. It'll probably never happen again, but just once is all I need. It ended up being kind of a late night since all parties involved were apparently just as happy to celebrate Friday as I was. It was great to do a little deck-sitting with a cold beverage or two.

We slept in and listened to the rain yesterday, and pretty much had a lazy afternoon with the exception of a few errands I had to run, including a stop at Blockbuster. We rented "Slumdog Millionaire" since it seems like we were some of the only people who haven't watched it. I really liked it, even though I started to fall asleep towards the end. Wild and crazy Saturday night...

This afternoon we headed out to the country to our friends Karen and Jimmy's house to visit with some of my old newspaper friends. It rained most of the day, but it didn't stop us from grilling some burgers and enjoying being out of the house for a few hours. Now we're home and ready to retire to the couch for the night.

Needless to say, it was a pretty boring weekend, which was just what we needed. I promise to have more interesting things to blog about the next few weekends, so bear with me. It's back to the grind tomorrow, but at least we should feel totally rested after all our weekend laziness. :)

No comments: