Sunday, May 31, 2009

Party Like It's 1999

We headed to Hattiesburg yesterday for the class reunion, and despite all my apprehension, we had a BLAST! I don't know why I was so anxious about it, but apparently I wasn't the only one. All I can say is that I wouldn't have passed up last night for anything. It was so great to see everybody, and I think the consensus was to make the next reunion in five years so we don't have to wait another 10 to have that much fun.

The reunion was at Canebrake Golf Club, and when they said we were going to have a band, a lot of food and an open bar, they weren't kidding. The first hour or so was spent socializing around the bar. I saw so many people I haven't seen in years, and it was wonderful to catch up and figure out who all was doing what these days. We now have teachers, doctors, musicians, choir directors, school counselors, scientists and numerous other professionals. I'm sure our parents are proud! To my surprise, I didn't get caught in a single awkward conversation all night, and most everyone looked the same, minus some hair and plus a few pounds here and there. :)

When we first got there, we had to fill out questionnaires about our lives since high school... how many kids we had, where all we had lived, how long we'd been married, what we do for a living, etc. Then towards the end of the night, they tallied the answers and gave out awards. Here's our president, Will, and vice president, Andrea, giving out the awards.

They had a slide show of all of our senior portraits and photos from high school playing continuously throughout the night, and they had all kinds of memorabilia like our graduation program big group photos from all the dances and our senior t-shirts on display. It was so nice and organized and exactly how I picture a high school reunion to be. I don't know who kept up with all that stuff, but it was a pretty impressive collection.

Here are a few pics from the night, starting with the Greys and the Bartons. Jenna and I have been friends since elementary school, so we "double-dated" last night so we wouldn't have to go by ourselves. Poor Derek and Daniel made the best of it and had as much fun as possible at their wives' reunion. :)





Jenna and I did our best to call our friend Cassidy with the scoop since she's still not back from Japan. I'm sure she appreciated it and was thoroughly entertained by our voicemails, too. :)

The party was just getting started about 10 when it was time for the reunion to end, so everyone decided to go to the End Zone afterwards to continue the fun. Here's a few more pics from the end of the night.


All in all, it was a super fun night, and I've been paying for it today... it's a lot harder to party like it's 1999 a decade later. :)

1 comment:

Wilson said...

How fun! I was so disappointed that our ten year reunion never happened...we only had like 15 people sign up so they refunded everyone's money. Party poopers I guess!