Don’t be sad, Harry, we’re coming to see you soon. Just give us a few more hours, I promise, and we’ll be there ready to support you in your latest adventure…Six years ago, only weeks into our new relationship, Derek confessed that he was a huge Harry Potter fan. I didn’t believe him. How could this shaggy-haired frat boy be into the whole Harry Potter craze? I thought he was joking. Only junior high kids liked Harry Potter. It wasn’t until he brought out his collection of hardback books that I believed him. And it wasn’t until he made me read all those books that I understood why. Now we’re some of those nerds that show up at Walmart at midnight when the book is first released.
I LOVE J.K. Rowling, and I don’t care if I’m a dork for saying that. I love her writing style and am totally amazed at her imagination and her ability to keep such detailed backgrounds on all her characters from book to book. I could only dream of being such an entertaining author. And those books are not for kids… sure, it’s about magic and elementary love stories, but they’re pretty dark at times, and it takes a lot of thinking to follow the intertwining history of the plot lines.
Derek and I have taken off work for every new HP movie that comes out in order to see the first showing the day it comes out. This movie has been an exception, but only because he was gone last week. He knew better than to go see it without me. Now the long-awaited day has finally come… I can’t wait until 6:45 tonight to watch it!!!
I can’t quite make myself get into the whole Twilight obsession, but Harry is different. I’m a true fan and proud to admit it. Long live all the Muggles out there like me…
No comments:
Post a Comment