Thursday, July 2, 2009

In It to Win It

This weekend is the annual 4th of July Boat Parade at Eagle Lake, and we’re MORE than ready to take home a trophy this year (I don’t know if they’re actually giving trophies, but a First Place ribbon would be adequate….)

We’ve got lots of decorations, plenty of beads to throw and even a few extra special tricks up our sleeves to wow the judges. :)

This is one of my absolute favorite weekends of the entire year, and you can’t feel much more patriotic than when listening to “God Bless the U.S.A.” on repeat with your flag flying wearing a trashy American flag bikini top. I might as well even be drinking a 40-oz. Budweiser from a paper bag.

This is the first year they’re actually giving out “real” awards, so the pressure’s on. Watch out, y’all, the Greys are in it to win it this year. And don’t worry… I’ll take lots and lots of pictures. :)

No comments: