We hit the road Saturday for USM's Homecoming, the final stop on my Big 3-0 Birthday Tour. It was a HOT day to be sitting outside all day, but we suffered through it. My friend Christy is Martha Stuart Jr. and had our two tailgating tents decorated just as nicely or better than most tents in the Grove in Oxford.It was a special birthday celebration for me, my friend Katie whose birthday was Saturday and Allison, whose birthday is today. We even had a homecoming-themed birthday cake!

After sweating it out and chasing the shade all afternoon under our tent, we ended the night at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the game on TV. It was a horrible game, we lost after what felt like hours, and we called it a night before even 11 p.m. But considering we started the day with mimosas 12 hours earlier, I don't think that was too bad, especially in 95-degree heat.
I had a great time seeing all my friends and celebrating my birthday one last time! I think three separate birthday celebrations was perfectly appropriate for this big birthday. I can now officially accept the fact that I'm in a new decade of my life. After all, it's all in how you celebrate it, and I think I celebrated in style. :)
2 comments:
Glad you had a great birthday celebration! I think 3 parties is a great way to celebrate the big 3-0 :)
Cute picture of yall! I think you win the prize for celebrating in style;)
Post a Comment