Thursday, October 7, 2010

Random Thought Thursday

  • I've been on jury duty this week. While I only had to actually show up at court for half a day on Monday, I've been sort of "on call" all week by having to call after 6 p.m. each night to see whether or not I had to report the next morning. So far, I haven't, but I'm afraid this might last longer than just this week. I was kind of hoping that I actually would make it farther than the first round because I think it would be really interesting to serve on a jury. No such luck at this point. I'm on Panel #9, and only numbers 1-7 have actually had to report to Round 2 this week. Oh, well... maybe next time?


  • Our Halloween costumes came in!! We're pretty pumped about them. No big announcements on this year's theme just yet, and while not quite as creative as last year's Beatle and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, still just as cool. I'm excited! Now we just need to figure out what to do Halloween weekend.


  • I know I've already mentioned it, but I LOVE FALL!! We switched over to our "fall" coffee candle this week, and I swear I could burn it 24 hours a day. I love it. This weather makes me so happy!


  • The final round of my 30th birthday celebration is this weekend. I'm heading to USM's homecoming, and I can't wait to spend the day with all my college friends! It's one of my favorite Saturdays of the whole year. :)


  • Speaking of friends, I just finished a really good book, The Same Sweet Girls by Cassandra King. Set in the South, it's about a group of women who have stayed friends since college through their semi-annual get-togethers. They're all about to turn 50 and going through some major life changes. The quote on the book calls it a cross between the the Ya-Ya Sisterhood and the Sweet Potato Queens. It was great, and it reminds me of my little group of friends. I figured we've done well with our semi-annual get-together for seven years now, so we're well on our way! Ha!

No comments: