Monday, October 25, 2010

First Friday Firepit of Fall

Friday night we met some friends downtown for Jacktoberfest. After cancelling the event last year, this was the return of the free "Beer, Brats and Bands" event. It was so nice outside! Even Baby Brady had a great time jamming out to the bands.



Speaking of, I think I found my new favorite band, Dirty Bourbon River Show. They were beyond awesome with their funky sound including a tuba and kazoo. I would describe their sound as "bayou funk", but Neighbor Ben said they were "Coon-ass jazz." Either way, they were a lot of fun - obviously very New Orleansish...

After Jacktoberfest, everyone came back to our house for our first firepit of the season. While it wasn't crazy cool outside, there was a slight chill in the air, so we took advantage of it and sat around the little fire. It was great!

Cheers to FALL!!

No comments: