
- On Friday my office took a field trip to the Mississippi State Fair for lunch in honor of my birthday a couple of weeks late. The birthday person gets to pick where to eat for their "birthday lunch" so I scheduled mine for when the fair was going to be in town! I actually got a sneak peak the week before when I had to go with one of our environmentalists to do some food booth inspections with WAPT, so I had already gotten one chicken-on-a-stick checked off my list. But, since it's fair time, I got another one on Friday along with some bacon/cheddar/ranch fries, half a roasted corn and some fried Oreos. Well, it was kind of windy that day so I had a bit of a catastrophe with my fried Oreos, as seen above... totally worth the mess though. Yum.
- Last night we went over to Melanie and Trey's for dinner. It was so nice to catch up and hear all about their New York trip and see their cute kiddos. It was a very enjoyable Wednesday night, and Mel, if you're reading this, the food was delish. Thank y'all so much!
- This past weekend I did a little shopping and am now the proud owner of two pairs of jeggings and some cowboy boots. I am thrilled. I've already worn the boots and can't wait to put them back on my feet, and the jeggings I'm still studying on, but they look cute on everybody else, so we'll see... It's about time I got some boots! LOVE them.
- I'm getting excited about Halloween next weekend! While I'm not quite as into this holiday as Derek is, I do enjoy watching our DVR'd collection of scary movies. I love a good scary movie (key word good). Our friend Olivia is starring as Janet in a Vicksburg production of Rocky Horror Picture Show over the next couple of weeks. We're looking forward to heading over there one night to cheer her on. Break a leg, O!
All in all, it's a fabulous time of year in my opinion. There's so much going on, the weather is just perfect, and the holidays are just around the corner! It's hard to be in a bad mood when life is this good... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment