I am IN LOVE with Gone With the Wind!! I started reading it a couple of weeks ago as part of my "now-I'm-in-my-30s" bucket list, and I'm on Chapter 12 (like page 215 of 1,200). Obviously I have a long way to go, but I'm thoroughly enjoying every minute of it. Last time I was at my parents' house I borrowed the book from their collection. There's a note from my granny inside the cover that says, "To Beth, Rick and Elizabeth - Every Southerner should read... Love, Chris," and dated 1992. I thought it might be a little hard to read, but it really hasn't been at all. The only semi-hard part is when someone is speaking in dialect, but even that is easy if you read right over it as a paragraph and not individual words.
So, in summary, I will let you know when I finish this book, which will hopefully be by the holidays. It will be a big accomplishment on my list. I have a feeling I will highly recommend it. It's kind of nice to get transported back in time by such a classic and to take a break from my girly books. It's kind of like watching a foreign film instead of a Lifetime movie. Not that there's anything wrong with Lifetime movies.... trust me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment