Tuesday, September 23, 2008

All By Myself

Derek's in Scottsdale this week for work, and while I always think a few days apart is good for any couple, I'm already ready for him to come home. He just left yesterday morning, isn't that sad?

Last night was GREAT - I actually got the couch to myself and watched some cheesy TV (Jon and Kate Plus Eight, The Hills, AND Dr. 90210 - good Monday lineup, don't you think?) and I even got the whole bed to myself. I think I slept across it with pillows everywhere. It was a great night's sleep. But today is a different story... I'm bored.

I've gotten a break from cooking since I've just really been eating Lean Cuisines, but I'm done with all my usual nightly duties by 6:30 and there's just nothing more to do. I've got a little work I can do at home tonight, but once that's done, I guess I'll just paint my nails and maybe take a bubble bath. Pitiful, I know.

Only two more days until he comes home. Then I'll gladly hand over the remote as well as the trash I've had to take out and the plants I've had to water. That's usually his thing. In the meantime, I'll just keep the animals company and reminisce about the couple years I spent living by myself in Vicksburg before he moved home from Oxford. What in the world did I do every night? :)

3 comments:

Jules said...

I "feel" your bordem.....Greg goes to Phoenix two or three times a year for work and I always hate when he's gone....the house is just too quiet with the men gone and evenings just aren't as enjoyable! Luckily my fam's all here though, so I can spend some of my free time with the nieces/nephew or with mom & dad...he'll be back soon!!!

Cortney said...

Yeah - it's fun for a couple of days, but then you want them to come back home. Be glad he doesn't have to travel as much as Fico.

Jules said...

I "feel" your boredom....Greg has to go to Phoenix for business two or three times a year and I hate when he goes.....evenings are just sucky when he not home with me!