I officially ordered my bridesmaids' dress for Cassidy's wedding today, which really made it hit home that my best friend is indeed getting married in only six short months. Gosh, how the past six have flown since she got engaged. At the time, a year seemed like so far in the future, but then once you add thousands and thousands of miles between where the wedding will be and where she's actually living while she's planning it, I guess the time just slips away.I think she has most everything checked off her wedding planning to-do list, she's just trying to finalize the guest list and make sure everything is booked and ready to finalize when she gets back to the States in June. Jenna and I, as co-matrons of honor, are trying to take whatever stress off of her that we can, which hasn't been a lot at all. She's been so organized... it's amazing. Maybe she should start an overseas wedding planning business or something.
As for Japan in general, she seems to really like it, especially now that John has finally moved over there. I know there is so much that she has wanted to show him and teach him and share with him, that it's got to be exciting to have him there in person and not just through a video chat on the computer. I'm still trying to get her to start a blog so we can keep up with what she's doing and all the crazy stories about the culture differences, but I haven't had much luck. Maybe John can help her now. I will say I have the start of quite the collection of Hello Kitty artifacts, thanks to her living in Japan. :)
Now, back to the dresses... they're very pretty and will be perfect for a hot summer wedding in Mississippi. The bad part is just having to be fitted for the dress in January. It's just hard to convince the sales girl to let you order the dress one size smaller because you swear you'll fit into it by July. They just won't let you do that. So for now I'll just have to appease myself with the thought that it's a lot easier to have a dress taken in than let out, and tanned fat always looks better than white fat. THAT I know. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment